Kaohsiung is the second largest city in Taiwan. For travelers who do not speak Chinese or read traditional Chinese characters, Kaohsiung is a place that foreigners can get around easily. Kaohsiung is prosperous because of its location. Oceans have supported the life and the development of this city. Sunshine and sea breeze nurture the people of this city, who have a personality of enthusiasm, friendliness, optimism, and consideration, Kaohsiung always allows people to feel cozy and relaxed while bringing endless pleasant surprises at the same time. Kaohsiung residents, who are zealous and hospitable, like to keep their houses neat and tidy in order to warmly entertain their friends. This is the thinking mode that builds up this city. When you enter Kaohsiung from the airport, station, highway, or harbor, you can always feel excited. What a sparkling city! Numerous modernized tall buildings, straight and clean roadways, and a green atmosphere seem to open a gate of grandeur and welcome visitors from everywhere.
- Kaohsiung is situated in the south of Taiwan between 120°14’30″ – 120°23’30″ east longitude and 22°30’30″ – 22°45’30″ north latitude.
- It’ll take about 75 minutes from Hong-Kong to Kaohsiung.
- Second largest city in Taiwan (population:1.5 m)
- The harbor is at the south-western coast of Taiwan. It is the sixth largest port in the world
- New Metro Rapid Transit system
- 90 min away from Taipei by High-Speed Rail
- Scenic attractions: museums, cultural centers, beaches, lakes, the Love River, shopping.
The winter climate in Kaohsiung is extremely warm and inviting, with temperatures averaging 23°C / 73°F by day and staying around 15°C / 59°F at night. The average annual daytime temperatures in Kaohsiung are around 28°C / 82°F.
Electricity and Water
- Electrical Outlet:TYPE A/ TYPE B, 110 volts,60Hz AC.
- Drinking water served at hotels and restaurants is distilled or boiled. Tap water should be boiled before drinking.
- Taiwan is 8 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (UTC/GMT +8 hours). No daylight saving time
Currency and Bank
- The Country’s currency is the New Taiwan dollar (NT$). The exchange rate in recent months is around NT$29.01 = US$1. (PS: You can also check on line with USD to TWD)
- Foreign currencies can be exchanged at hotels, airports and government-designated banks.
- Credit cards are widely accepted throughout the city; and traveler’s checks may be accepted by tourist-oriented shops, most of international tourist hotels and banks.
- Banks are open whole day from 09:00 – 15:30, Monday to Friday and not available on weekends or national holidays
The 85 Sky Tower Hotel. Soaring 85 floors above theKaohsiung skyline, this luxurious hotel is the second tallest building inTaiwan. The views afforded from the upper-suites of the five-star 85 Sky Tower Hotel are, needless to say, amazing, and guests of this magnificent hotel will enjoy first-class service and facilities from the minute they arrive in the palatial lobby. Koahsiung at ground level is an exciting city to explore, with the hotel’s location allowing easy access to many of the city’s attractions, and the nearby Metro and rail terminal linking the rest of the city and beyond.
|Room Category||Nightly Rate in USD|
|Executive twin with city view||unknown|
|Deluxe with city view||unknown|
- room demo1
- room demo2
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 30.092 TWD/1 EUR = 40.511TWD
Rates include 5% tax and 10% service charge, buffet breakfast, and Internet
His-Tzu-Wan Sea View Business Hotel
His-tzu-wan Sea View Business Hotel has a harbor scenery of U.S. Manhattan style, look at the harbor sea landscape , let you feel relax and enjoy. During the night and fishing boat comes and go around harbor, like unique fashion style picture, beautiful, sensual, light pace without pressure. Resorts close to urban transport facilities, with improved access services, offer you to spend business travel, vacation an excellent choice! First floor accomodate American restaurant landscape, Chinese restaurant is located on the second floor, overlooking the magnificent sea view Kaohsiung Harbor.
|Room Category||Nightly Rate in USD|
SIGHT VIEW QUAD ROOM / TWO DOUBLE BED
SEA VIEW DOUBLE ROOM/ ONE DOUBLE BED
MOUNTAIN VIEW DOUBLE ROOM/ TWIN BED